apt-get install pppoe?

ADSL modem use either pppoe or dhcp.  Since your ISP
gives you a software package, I assume it is pppoe.

My rule of thumb is as follows:

1.  PPPoE if a username/password pair is required to login.

2.  DHCP if no software/no login is required to use the
service.

Good luck.

Bao

--
Bao C. Ha, President            voice: (678) 467-9415
Hacom, Internet & Web Services  http://www.hacom.net