Someone else is getting help for this here, so hopefully I'm asking on an
acceptable list..If not, I'll have to go to the sendmail list (Ack! Scary!)

Lots of <SNIP>'s in this message, because there's no reason to give 34
examples of the same thing :)
Text from the console is enclosed in "---"'s

All incoming mail is queued although the DeliveryMode is set to background

---
josh@pacific:/etc/mail$ grep Delivery sendmail.cf
O DeliveryMode=background
---

Sometimes the mail will sit in the queue for a long time before being
processed

---
josh@pacific:/etc/mail$ mailq |more
                /var/spool/mqueue (32 requests)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient-------
----
<SNIP>
f2T1gUQM003634     2254 Wed Mar 28 18:42 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                 (Deferred)
                                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<SNIP>
                Total requests: 34
---

If I run sendmail -qR -v

---
pacific:/etc/mail# sendmail -qR -v |more

Running /var/spool/mqueue/f2S8175Z001125 (sequence 1 of 34)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Connecting to /var/imap/socket/lmtp via cyrus...
220 pacific LMTP Cyrus v2.0.12 ready
>>> LHLO mail.nebonet.com
250-pacific
250-IGNOREQUOTA
250-8BITMIME
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 EXTERNAL
250 PIPELINING
<SNIP>

Running /var/spool/mqueue/f2T1gUQM003634 (sequence 19 of 34)
>>> RSET
250 2.0.0 ok
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Using cached ESMTP connection to localhost via
cyrus.
..
>>> MAIL From:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 2.1.0 ok
>>> RCPT To:<joshlists>
>>> DATA
250 2.1.5 ok
354 go ahead
>>> .
250 2.1.5 Ok
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Sent

<SNIP>
Closing connection to localhost
>>> QUIT
221 2.0.0 bye
---

So there's not a problem with the message (some of the queued messages are
because the account is over quota...I understand those ones)

If I use 'runq', nothing seems to happen...but if I use 'sendmail -qR -v' as
above, all the mail gets delivered (that should be)

I thought maybe the queue just wasn't running often enough, so I changed
QUEUE_PARMS in /etc/default, but to no avail...

---
pacific:/etc/default# grep QUEUE_PARMS sendmail
# QUEUE_PARMS="-q10m"                   SMTP queue parameters
QUEUE_PARMS="-qp1s"
---

Any suggestions as to how I can keep these messages flowing?

-
Josh