Hi,

Last time I checked, popper was just a POP daemon (which runs on port
110).  The error message is from your SMTP daemon (which runs on port 25;
it looks like you are using sendmail).

My guess is that you have an address forwarding to itself in your aliases
file, the virtusertable, or something similar.

- Frank