Craigsc wrote:

> Hi Guys
>

> I have succeeded in locking myself out of mysql. I need to set the
> root password back
>
> to nothing, can anyone help ? Or am  I going to have to reinstall, in
> which case where
>
> is my databases stored ?>
>

> Help at this stage would be a blessing :)
>

> ..Craig

Hello..

Lets see if I remember it right, check man page for exakt syntax. But
run the mysql server
with -Sg or --skip-grant (or something like that). It will make the
whole server wide open to
the whole world so be sure that noone but you can access it while you do
it.. Then you just
set the password you want and restart it.

/Roger