> On Friday 25 January 2002 03:09, Hereward Cooper wrote:
> > I've used rsync ok, (using one from a previous thread) but i'm
> > not sure how to do the rotation system? Also when backing up /
> > on the server, what stops it from copying the contents of a
> > mounted cd aswell?
>
>  --exclude=PATTERN         exclude   files    matching
> PATTERN

   There are a number other files that you will want to exclude that are
machine specific, such as hostname, /etc/network/interfaces, etc.

   I also exclude /boot so that a kernel upgrade will not break LILO
when rsync runs, but if you use grub this may not be a problem.

 Using the --exclude-from={FILE} switch then listing the things you want
excluded in a separate file works well for me.
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Services, Inc.