Davi Leal writes:
> Is it safe using the woody's sendmail (sendmail 8.12.1-5) on a potato
> distribution?. Note that the host is a server on production.

I'm running 8.12.1, but I did a compile from the source tarball.  I try to
stay on top of the latest sendmail, and I don't like having to wait for
soemone to make up a deb of it.

> Not sure but it's safe to use Postfix, so why not use that?

Let's not get into religious arguments, since that's not the question
asked.  He's got a running sendmail config; upgrading to a new version is
less work than converting to a different mail system.

-packy

Packy Anderson                Dardan Web Assoc.                 518/266-1226
CEO/Webmaster                 PO Box 94                       www.dardan.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              Troy, NY 12181-0094
                                                                         O-
                     Small Business Websites Since 1995.