> We install/reconfigure re-install almost on a daily basis via a local
> network, which is far the fastest way, better than any CD.

if you are lucky enough to never have to do a remote install...

> I have played Fai once and actually I'm fiddling with bootcd.
it does seem interesting. doesn't it.

> Also jablicator has not been mentioned in this thread.  It creates an
> empty Debian Packages which depends on all packages that are installed
> on your computer.  So if you create various jablications for different
> computer setups and put them on a local debian-mirror you just install
> on a new computer the jablicated packages according to the needs of
> this machine.

very good idea, but I was wonering if anyone one the list has every made
a custom boot cd, with specific packages and a custom kernel
image/modules (xfs support, etc.)

I have been searching the web, but not found much good information.

thanks for the help.

-chris zubrzycki