Hi All

RAID 0 gives the best read and write performace as the data is striped
across the drives.
RAID 1 gives the same write performace as a single drive but read
performance is faster than a single drive (as there are always 2 drives
that the data can be read from, hence the controller can choose the drive
not being accessed / with it's head closest to the needed data.
RAID5 give read performance a boost for the same reason as RAID0, but write
performance is only slightly faster than a single drive as the array must
'stop' while the controller calculates the parity bit and writes that to a
drive.

Overall the chances of 2 drives failing at the same time a very small and
if they do you look to your backup. Also running all your services on one
box will be fine for a small setup, but if you have big plans you will
quickly run our of processing power (especially with a database on the
box). It would seem unlikley that the HDD transfer speed will be the
bottleneck.