Hi Patrick

Not sure on Linux Kernels for the Xeon, but a few packages don't run the
best on dual processor systems.
 From what I understand, bind 8 will run on dual processor but won't
ever use the second processor, so in this case the faster single
processor system would be my choice. However a dual system would be good
for a system running many services.....

What application is the server for?

Cheers
Glenn Hocking