Hi Theodor et al.!

First of all: Thanks for all the mails and hints!

>>> I am trying to set up a mail toaster on a Debian Woody system.
>>>
>>> Here are the requirements:
>>> - qmail
>>> - pop3
>>> - pop3 authentification _not_ against /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow
>>> - virtual pop3 users
>>> - webmail access
>>
>> Just what I use down here on the farm ;-)

>>> qmail is installed and works fine. I tried to implement vpopmail and
>>> sqwebmail, but I was not able to get it to work. The sqwebmail debian
>>> package does not come with vpopmail authentification included. My
>>> attempts to build it from the source package with modified rules file
>>> all failed.
>>
>> It (recompilation) works for me with just trivial changes to ./configure
>> line in debian/rules. What kind of problem do you have?

I built vpopmail and sqwebmail successfully now. I did not use the
Debian source packages any longer but the more current versions from
www.inter7.com - as some of you suggested. And now the combination of
qmail, vpopmail and sqwebmail works.

Once again: Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Dieter

--
Dieter Heiliger | [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (private)
                   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (business)