I have a simple virtual user mail setup using exim 3 on a Debian testing box. I have a director like so:

virtuals:
 driver = aliasfile
 domains = /etc/mail/virtuals
 file = /etc/mail/virtual-aliases
 search_type = lsearch
 include_domain
 no_more

and this works fine for the named mappings in the virtual-aliases file.

However, I'm getting a lot of frozen messages that are aimed at other, non-existent addresses in the aliased domains. For example, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". These are probably spam messages, but I'd like the domain owners to deal with them rather than me.

I'd like to be able to do something like:

# virtual                               real
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've tried this syntax and it doesn't work with the director defined above. Is there a way to implement this kind of mapping?

Thanks,

John

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]