This one time, at band camp, Dale E Martin said:
> (No need to copy me, I'm subscribed to the mailing list.)
>
> > Yes, Im reading through a guide how to set this up but am getting a little
> > confused with what/where to add/edit my exim4.conf file. Do you purhaps have
> > an example of what you added? I'm very new to exim and mailman :)
>
> Sure.  Let me mention two things before you take my example to heart too
> much...  First, I migrated this from exim 3 to exim 4 so maybe there is a
> better way.  Also, the Debian exim 4 packages distribute the configuration
> file into bits in a directory structure - for good reasons, I'm sure.  (For
> example, if the mailmain maintainer gets on board then mailman could simply
> install it's own bits in the to configuration heirarchy and it should work
> out of the box.)  However, I had a fairly customized exim setup and needed
> it working quickly, so I went the "monolothic file" route and have a
> "/etc/exim4/exim4.conf"....  Having said all of that, here you go -
> anything in "[]" is my comments to you and not actually in the file.

I am not sure I am doing things the 'Right Way', but I am only using
/etc/aliases for my mailman lists, and they are working just fine.

$listname:           "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post $listname"
$listname-admin:     "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner $listname"
$listname-request:   "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd $listname"
$listname-owner:     $listname-admin

Change $listname to the real mailing list localpart and it works out of
the box.  With Exim3 I did use the special routers and transports, but
when I migrated to Exim4, I thought I would give this method a try, and
it's working great.  The only problem with this method isthat you don't
get virtual domain settings, I suppose.  Can anybody see any other
problems with it?

|  : :' :                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |