Installing an application named RT, which was discussed here recently. All works
except when I
send an e-mail to the e-mail alias support, I get the following in exim's mainlog:

Neither the system_aliases director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local
delivery of |/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action correspond

/etc/aliases contains the line:

support: |/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action correspond

Obviously, it wants to know the user that command should be executed by (the correct
answer, I
think, is www-data). It works when I set address_pipe to run as www-data, but I'm sure
that is
not the correct answer. And, I'd prefer to not modify exim.conf if possible. At least
for
this.

Any suggestions? Checked the rt site (http://www.fsck.com/rtfm/) and did not get an
answer.
Going to RTFM the exim book some more, but hope someone has a quick fix.

Thanks,

Rod

--
The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that will always be
useful