Hi,

we would like to offer MySQL database access on our web server, making
the LAMP setup complete. That machine is running about a hundred
virtual web servers for about 70 clients, and the MySQL setup on the
box is also being used for user authentication, so the database
definetely contains valueable data that needs to be protected from the
users.

But I suspect that once we give the customers MySQL, they will want to
have PHPMyAdmin as well. AFAIK, the PHPMyAdmin version from potato
gives full access to the databases, allowing users to see data they
aren't supposed to see. Am I mistaken here?

Is there a later version of PHPMyAdmin that allows user rights to be
restricted? How do other ISPs solve this issue that surely comes up
everywhere?

Greetings
Marc