On Thursday, September 5, 2002, at 09:53 PM, Russell Coker wrote:

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 03:11, Nathan wrote:
Whatever you do, it will need to be based around RRDtool, because MRTG
generates the graphs every 5 minutes whether someone looks at them or
not, whereas the CGi in RRDtool only generates the graphs when you look
at them.

Does it generate the graphs for EVERY access? Or does it just generate the
graphs a maximum of once per X minutes on access?

If it generates graphs for every access it won't do well when all the people
in your NOC have it on auto-refresh...

Yes indeed :) No, RRDTool's cgi is smart enough to only regenerate images when needed. It is configurable, so that if you want it to always generate a fresh graph, you can.

Nathan.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - Systems Engineer - Shared Hosting
ValueCommerce Japan - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp

In the days, When we were swinging form the trees
I was a monkey, Stealing honey from a swarm of bees
I could taste, I could taste you even then
And I would chase you down the wind