On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Adam Dawes wrote:

> I've running exim as my mta on my home gateway machine which is connected
> via a fixed IP DSL line. I'm having increasing trouble getting my mail
> through as other sites (rightly) find messages coming from a block of dsl
> addresses suspicious. I want to have exim forward my outgoing messages to
> my internet provider's smtp server which is obviously more legit than
> mine. I've added the following at the top of the routers section of my
> exim.conf file.
>
> store_and_forward:
>   driver = domainlist
>   transport = remote_smtp
>   route_list = "localhost smtp.myisp.net"
>
> When I send mail from my server and look at the headers, there's no
> indication that it actually got forwarded on to my isp's smtp server. What
> am I missing here?

You need to use manualroute for non-local domains, as per:

smarthost:
  driver = manualroute
  domains = !+local_domains
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = * smtp.myisp.net

or alternatively:

smarthost:
  driver = manualroute
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = !+local_domains smtp.myisp.net

<plug>
        Grab a copy of the author's new Exim book from
        http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book/
</plug>

Chris Foote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  _                  _         _    Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_)                | |       | |   Director - INETD PTY LTD
  _   _ __     ___  | |_    __| |   Level 2, 132 Franklin St
 | | | '_ \   / _ \ | __|  / _` |   Adelaide SA 5000
 |_| |_| |_|  \___|  \__|  \__,_|   Phone: (08) 8410 4566

Inetd supports:
        Linux.Conf.Au Adelaide Jan 12-17 2004
        Australia's Premier Linux Conference
        http://lca2004.linux.org.au