Ntp uses its own protocol on top of UDP. Each ntp packet includes source
and destination addresses of the communication. The ntpd server uses this
data and checks if a answer came from the same host the request was sent
to. If this is not the case, it assumes something is wrong.

In your setup clients connect to one ip(of the alias) and you send the
it is possible to use alias interfaces with ntpd. If you do get it running
somehow please let me know.