Hello,

I'm trying to perform a recovery of some files on a remote server running
Woody. Since I can't take the server down to do an exhaustive recovery, I'm
exploring what options I have with regard to do this remotely via ssh.

The original file system has been replaced by a new one, but since the RAID
volume the server is running is quite large there's a good possibility that
the original sectors still haven't been overwritten by any new data. I think
I'm looking for a way to dump all unpartitioned space/unused sectors to a
remote computer, without writing to the RAID volume itself.

Has anyone got experiences with similar situations? Any suggestions?

Br,
Svein Hallan