Hi guys,

I've lately experienced excessive Apache-usage (to be clear: several hundered open connections in a very short time) to one of my servers. And I believe that FTP etc. are also subject to similar attacks. For Apache it resulted in problems that all processes were in state "reading" without actually doing anything ... a simple but efficient DOS for the httpd-process, that also caused it to die immediately.

Can you give me any suggestions how to set up basic iptables-filtering-rules easily and how to prevent such abusive connections?

Your urgent help would be really much appreciated. Kind regards, Paul Bergdörfer

Die ultimative Fan-Seite für den MSN Messenger http://www.ilovemessenger.de Emoticons und Hintergründe kostenlos downloaden!