Stephane Bortzmeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If we had a policy which meets a rough consensus, you could tell him
> "Because it is The Policy" :-)

Consensus among whom?  Do Debian developers who don't care about Java
have to be involved, or can it just be those on the debian-java list.

I'm actually more interested in seeing a standard policy adopted than I
am in any of its contents.

One pertinent question: Who's willing to do the work of making Java
packages work according to such a policy?  I would give that person's
opinion extra weight.

--
Bruce R. Lewis                          http://brl.sourceforge.net/