> Well we have both ways in debian now. Should we allow both but prefer
> one?

Seeing as we're moving to enforce a single consistent standard, I'm
personally happier if we only allow one.

Looking through what the approximate list of all available java packages
(see first post to this thread) I find:

libservlet2.2-java
libxalan2-java

but nothing of the form libname-version-java or lib-name-version-java.

In what sense do you mean we have both ways in debian now?  I supsect I'm
not looking in the right places here.

Ben.