Hallo Mark,

* Mark Wielaard wrote:
>Helmer Krämer recently fixed some things in Kaffe to get Eclipse to
>startup (doesn't do much more then startup, but it is a start):
>http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2003-July/043015.html
>And Eclipse of course "runs" with gcj:
>http://klomp.org/mark/gij_eclipse/
>(Only one of the patches on that page hasn't made it into gcj 3.3.)

Nice information. The problem will be that eclipse will start using
1.4 features after M3 (end of August) and I don't know how long it
will take to 'catch up'...

BTW, what is actually required to get a java app into main: Running,
running in most cases or running like with Sun/BD JDK?

>swt based application are running really well with gcj though.
>See http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-nativegui2/
>For a nice example see http://www.freestyler-toolkit.org/

Would it make sense to split libswt2.1-gtk2-java out of 'eclipse' and
get it into main? This would mean that I have to rebuild eclipse
(including libswt2.1-motif-java) and libswt2.1-gtk2-java and get both
from CVS, as there aren't downloads for them...

Sometime in the future there will also be a libswt2.1-fox-java package
I hope...

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."