Tom Tromey wrote:

"Adam" == Adam C Powell IV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Adam> I'm trying to build a large Java program using gcj-3.0, which compiles Adam> using "-classpath a.jar:b.jar:c.jar", but I get lots of errors saying Adam> that classes like String are missing.

Before 3.1, -classpath overrode the internal "boot" classpath.  I
forget if this was a bug or whether it was compliance to some earlier
JDK approach.

Okay, this answers it; then the manpage is in error (since --classpath had the same behavior as -classpath). I won't bother with a bug report, since Sarge will release with 3.2 (right?).

So for 3.0 try using `--CLASSPATH'.  Or use `-I', which I've always
found to be much simpler than working through the maze of
classpath-setting options.

In 3.[12] -classpath doesn't override the boot classpath, and we added
-bootclasspath to do that.

Thanks very much!
--

-Adam P.