Hi Joerg,

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 12:18 +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> exists a Java debugger in Debian? I tried jswat, but it do not work
> without special classes.

jswat needs some jdpa infrastructure which isn't available yet. There is
a lot of work going on for jdwp at the moment in GNU Classpath, but it
will be a little while before that is fully finished. If that works
however the rest of the jdpa infrastructure shouldn't be that hard to
finish.

>  And how I can enable gdb to debug java, I didn't find out.

If you are using gcj compiled java programs you can just use gdb like
normal. See also: http://gcc.gnu.org/java/gdb.html

When using kaffe see http://www.kaffe.org/doc/kaffe/FAQ.xdebugging

Cheers,

Mark