On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 12:31:11AM +0000, Matthew Johnson wrote:

> >>Another question: Where th package uses a standard API (e.g.
> >>java.util.Map), should I link to
> >>http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/ or what?
> >
> >No, please depend on classpath-doc and use these. We dont wanna link to
> >resources on the net. The idea is to have all on your hard disk when you
> >install the *-doc packages.
>
> These aren't quite equivalent. For packages in contrib which depend on
> the sun compiler, VM and classes they can't really depend on the
> classpath docs when they don't match the API you are actually using.

Thats right currently. GNU classpath has merged its generics branch to
HEAD lately. The next release will be 1.5 compatible/comparable. Then
this will be a non-issue. There will always (?) be differences. If you
find one please report to the GNU classpath project.

Michael
--
 .''`.  | Michael Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: :' :  | Free Java Developer <http://www.classpath.org>