Alright, I'm going to try and make this as short and neat as possible without
too much unneeded rabble >_>

Okay, so the root of the problem is that I'm running a server for a game, and I
need to somehow get it working on Linux.

I've already set it up on Windows since ages ago, so I mostly know how
it works in Windows. Hopefully some Linux pros can help me make the
transition from Windows to Linux here >_>

Okay, so the server I'm trying to run is a Maplestory server (don't
flame. ><) In windows, I installed JRE and JDK - and then placed
the needed .JAR files in the following directories;

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\lib\ext

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\jre\lib\ext

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext

As well as in the server files, at /MapleServer/trunk/dist

The names of the files are...

odinms.jar (this is just the server jar file)

xttools.jar

mina-core.jar

jpcap.jar

mysql-connector-java-bin.jar

slf4j-api

slf4j-jdk14

I have to place all of the above files in the 4 locations...

and the server is launched by opening .bat files on Windows - but I
have .sh files for them on Linux. Trouble is, there seems to be no
jre6, jre1.6.0_07 or jdk1.6.0_07 folders. Where are they? Do I have to
download and install them, or what? Anyways, I don't know, so the .JARs
were only in the /MapleServer/trunk/dist folder. And when I try and
execute launch_server.sh ...

  Quote:

                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/DestinyMS/trunk$
./launch_world.sh

org/slf4j/LoggerFactory

        at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.<clinit>(World  Server.java:51)

                   Googling
it, apparently it's because the paths aren't right but how do I set the
paths? The tiny bits of info I got from asking some people was that
'you don't need to put the JAR files in the java files in Linux it's
automatic' but I guess it's not true.

So... HELP PLEASE?!?!?!?!?
Your dream beach house escape for summer! Sign up for the Hotmail Road Trip
today.
http://www.ninemsn.com.au/hotmailroadtrip