Le 04/05/2014 00:15, tony mancill a écrit :

> That was it - thanks for the tip.  openjdk-8 builds correctly in a
> jessie chroot.

I figured what is wrong, you can work around this issue by ensuring the
letter 'j' doesn't appear in the build path.

There a script invoked during the hotspot build that transforms the make
parameters (adjust-mflags) and corrupts them. It's supposed to detect
the -j parameter but it transforms the first occurrence of 'j' in the
parameters. For example a simple argument like
"-I/home/ebourg/openjdk-8/make/common" becomes "-I/home/ebourg/open -j2
-dk-8/make/common".

I guess make 3.x was more lenient with erroneous parameters than make
4.0, that explains why the build breaks now.

Emmanuel Bourg