Hi,

This packaged had many jar files embedded in it and it was building
fine. But after removing the embedded jars and adding them in
build-deps, there is one build error now [I might have missed adding
some jars, but previous build errors where helpful to find which jar is
missing).

Can anyone help here? This is my first java package and I don't know
java (I have learned it years ago in college but never used it in any
serious projects).

It is already added to team repo. You'll have to run a pristine-tar
checkout to create a orig.tar.gz and use dpkg-buildpackage to build it
as git-buildpackage doesn't run clean after patching.
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=752165)

Thanks
Praveen

   [javac]
/home/pravi/forge/debian/git/pkg-java/libjopendocument-java/src/org/jopendocument/util/CollectionMap.java:199:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method remove(K,V)
    [javac] location: class org.jopendocument.util.CollectionMap<K,V>
    [javac]             this.remove(e.getKey(), e.getValue());
    [javac]