Am 01.05.2018 um 23:35 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Le 01/05/2018 à 23:21, Markus Koschany a écrit :
>
>> apt source yourpackage ?
>
> This doesn't give a Git working copy.

The command git clone will give you a working copy.

You can also use

git clone g...@salsa.debian.org:java-team/yourpackagegit.git

if you prefer to have all variables set correctly right from the start.

In addition there is also gbp clone which will automatically checkout
master, upstream and pristine-tar branch in one go. This is usually all
I need to work from. Maybe this is simply a matter of different work
flows but surely not a reason why VCS fields in debian/control fields
are required. You can also call both commands in a script with the
source package name as a parameter.
>> Seriously I can write you a little shell script that does all that for
>> you too. If this is the only _real_ blocker, I'm more than happy to do that.
>
> We'll probably also want to preserve the links to the VCS on
> tracker.debian.org.
>
> I think the right plan would be to get #897227 implemented, and then
> update debcheckout to use the overridden values from tracker.debian.org.

Yes, that's certainly a bonus but not a real blocker for me because very
soon all source packages, including the old SVN repos, will be pushed to
salsa.debian.org. Now we have a uniform address space which is easy to
remember. Not really a show stopper for a handful of regular
contributors IMO.