Hello,
I updated today svgSalamander in JOSM to 1.1.2, because we faced a
rendering bug.
With the update I found a major regression in font handling, and found out
also that the CVE vulnerability wasn't correctly fixed upstream.
I created three pull requests matching the patches I applied in JOSM
embedded copy:
https://github.com/blackears/svgSalamander/pull/30
https://github.com/blackears/svgSalamander/pull/32
https://github.com/blackears/svgSalamander/pull/33

I advise Debian to wait for a 1.1.3 release, or include those patches.
Cheers,
Vincent