The task actually exists, I found out that the cause of the error was the
version of gradle which we have(4.4.1) It can't build or detect tasks in
build.gradle.kts files. I have explained the issue in detail here :
https://salsa.debian.org/android-tools-team/admin/-/issues/16
(https://salsa.debian.org/android-tools-team/admin/-/issues/16)

        Me and my teammates Samyak and Manas would like to have a discussion
with you on this and kotlin. Will it be possible for you to join
#debian-android-tools this thursday at 14:30 UTC for our weekly meeting ?
Please let us know.
Thanks!

Raman Sarda
theloudspeaker.home.blog

May 30, 2020 8:27 PM, "Emmanuel Bourg" <ebo...@apache.org
(mailto:ebo...@apache.org?to=%22Emmanuel%20Bourg%22%20<ebo...@apache.org>)>
wrote:
        Le 30/05/2020 à 14:54, Raman Sarda a écrit : Now I get the following
error:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/PtnrqDWrS8 (https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/PtnrqDWrS8)
The 'assemble' task is invoked in debian/rules but no longer exist:

https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/gradle/-/blob/master/debian/rules#L3
(https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/gradle/-/blob/master/debian/rules#L3)

Emmanuel Bourg