Hi Emmanuel,

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 5:00 AM Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure to understand, but the root pom should not be ignored, it
> has to be installed in the binary package. Otherwise there might be
> missing information for other projects depending on this project.

In general, I agree with you. However, the (arguably poorly structured)
Google Auto series of packages create only the following in maven-repo from
their root POM:

├── maven-repo
│   ├── build-only
│   │   └── build-only
│   │       ├── debian
│   │       │   └── build-only-debian.pom
│   │       └── NO_VERSION
│   │           └── build-only-NO_VERSION.pom

Those two POMs are attached. To me this seems to only add noise and no real
value. Thoughts?

-Olek