On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 05:48:07PM -0800, tluxt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[- snip -]

> 1) Quick summary of install instructions

[- snip -]

> apt-get -s install kdebase    ;Optional: Simulate the install

[- snip -]

Using apt-get install kdebase will give users only the "base" system.
Usually such installations cause only problems and confuse users (I
have encountered countless users on IRC who have had problems such as
this). I think it would be preferable to recommend for them to install the
"kde" metapackage which depends on all the KDE software. At the very
least this HowTo should explain that installing just the kdebase package
is not enough to have a fully useable system.

You should also have sections in the HowTo that explain which packages
to pull from Non-US to get SSL and other crypto stuff working. Including
a "where to get help" section that mentions this mailing list and the
#debian-kde and #debian channels on irc.openprojects.net would be useful
too.