Derek Broughton wrote:

> I asked a question, based on the message that started this thread.  Nobody
> has attempted to answer it, but rather have veered off on this whole issue
> of whether bytecode interpretation is turned on in any particular version.

Hrmm... I thought I had. I obviously did not do it clearly enough.

The question you asked was whether freetype as delivered by debian supports
anti-aliasing. The answer is yes. Try turning AA on and off in the control
centre and observe the result. Surely you can see the difference?!

> Duh!  I knew that.  So why not stop beating a dead horse and answer the
> question.  DOES anti-aliasing _rely_ on bytecode interpretation.

No it_does_not. It just makes it look a little nicer.

Is that clear enough?

--
Simon Hepburn.