I am using KDE 3.1.1 from sid. I have konqueror configured so
that plain text files are to be opened by vim in a terminal
(with no embedding, of course). When I select a text file from
the web, konq asks me to open or save as. If I select open,
the file is downloaded but nothing happens; vim never opens
the file. However, I've noticed that if I am browsing files
locally (my home directory, for example), konq opens the
terminal, executes vim and the file is opened, i.e., it works
fine.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a solution?

Joe S.