I've encountered that KNotes bug as well. IIRC it was in the 3.0 release. Very irritating.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:35:51 +1100, jedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Howdi,

I'm running unstable with very few ring-in packages, and finally did the
Big Upgrade (based on the perception that things seem to have settled down
a bit now, and based on the fore-warning about -dpi and session choice ;)

 1.  Bookmarks disappeared.  Specifically my konq bookmarks
 located at ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml got overwritten
 by an empty template.  Most disconcerting.

 2.  kdm (and configuration files associated with same) still continue
 to assume everyone has 6 consoles and that X starts on vt7.  Something
 for debconf perhaps.  (F5's always seemed a far more sensible place.)

 3.  html handling seemed borked briefly, with complaints about khtml*.la
 during loading.  Once the upgrade was complete, w-konq's I had open
 in my earlier session were loading up and showing the html code, rather
 than parsing it.  Re-loading those pages continued to show the source.
 Copy-n-paste the url's into new alt-f2's and they loaded fine.  Strange.

4. kabc seems to have lost sight of my sole distribution list, but the rest
of the data appears to be intact. The distlists file still exists in ../kabc/
but isn't being respected. Seemingly the [ ] format has changed from
(say) [/home/jedd/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf] to [1BR9Ani8qT] ... so
no wonder we're both confused.

5. The panel, specifically the taskbar component, is showing apps
three-high rather than (previously) two-high, but I can't see where that
setting / default was changed. I've upped the font size to try to talk it
out of this .. but it didn't help.

6. knotes decided to, for reasons I don't quite understand yet, bless me
with an addition 20 notes - 16 called [Actions] and 4 called [Display]