On Saturday 27 March 2004 17:11, Craig Dickson wrote:
> Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> > After upgrading to kde 3.2.1 my x resolution has gone from 100x100 to
> > 75x75 dpi.
>
> So my guess is that this is a small, intermittent glitch in XFree86 4.3.

I am not sure. KDE seems to be handling the change reasonably well, though I
did have to tweak the fonts a bit after switching to 3.2.1.

The problem is very bad in gtk applications (gqview and gimp), where the fonts
are barely readable.

I did look in the XFree log file, and there is a line from display
initialisation which says.

(==) SIS(0): DPI set to (75, 75)

I have rebooted a couple of times and that doesn't change anything.

Also I checked in /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers

There is no -dpi 100 option in there.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.5 on Debian GNU/Linux