On Mon March 29 2004 03:17 pm, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
 ] On Monday 29 March 2004 00:48, Adeodato Simó wrote:
 ] >     Hey, you're using unstable, aren't you? These are the kind of things
 ]
 ] I am perfectly capable of handling pretty much any kind of package breakage
 ] that únstable can throw at me.

 The question you posed a couple of days ago has cropped up on this list,
 promptly followed by an answer, about 11 times in the past 6 weeks.

 ] How applications choose to behave can't be Debian's problem.

 That's a loaded statement, and I'm not sure I agree with it.  The binaries
 that you get from Debian are typically modified, to various degrees, by
 the Debian developers -- backports of security & bug fixes are the obvious
 example, but also enhancements to comply with the FHS, or modifications
 to make things integrate more seamlessly.

 But is it a 'problem'?  Some people might think it's normal that you'd
 have to select with desktop environment you want when you log in.
 I agree with Adeodato that unstable's a place where not everything makes
 as much sense.  If you think the default WM / DE / UI should be something
 else by default, then file a bug at bugs.debian.org.

 Jedd.