That's interesting, because what is in
~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu does not match what is showing
up in my Lancelot menu.

The menus section has:

<Layout>
  <Merge type="menus"/>
  <Menuname>Development</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Education</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Edutainment</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Games</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Graphics</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Office</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Internet</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Multimedia</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Science</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Crossover</Menuname>
  <Menuname>Applications</Menuname>
 </Layout>

however this is not what is showing up in the actual menus. And one of the
applications which is currently living in Lost & Found, calibre, is listed
in that file as:

 <Menu>
  <Name>Office</Name>
  <Directory>Office-4.directory</Directory>
  <NotDeleted/>
  <Menu>
   <Name>Crossover</Name>
   <Directory>Crossover.directory</Directory>
  </Menu>
  <Include>
   <Filename>kde4-kate.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>calibre-gui.desktop</Filename>
  </Include>
  <Layout>
   <Merge type="files"/>
   <Filename>calibre-gui.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>kde4-kate.desktop</Filename>
  </Layout>
 </Menu>

So if I am reading this right, calibre-gui.desktop should be under the
office menu...Which it is not.

Is there a way to fix this? Would, perhaps, moving this file out of the way
cause the menu to be regenerated? Or is there some reason why it is not
being read in the first place?

Thanks,
--b