Thanks everyone for your help, it does indeed look like I'm having graphics
issues thanks to Optimus. Plasma suddenly died on me just now (or atleast
that's what I thought happened) and after looking into Xorg.0.log I saw
that actually my Intel GPU had crashed! Hence why I couldn't see Plasma
decorations. So I'll email that pkg-nvidia-devel list, maybe the Bumblebee
guys are interested and if not I'll send my crash report to Intel.

Cheers,
Shervin Emami.
http://www.shervinemami.info/openCV.html