Hey,

Got kind of  a strange one here...Strange enough  that I have no idea where
to begin looking.

I have a sid laptop running the latest kde from the sid repos, what looks
like 4.14.2. Over the past couple of months, I have noticed that the
logout/shutdown buttons do not work, whether I do it from the button on the
taskbar or whether I click the menu -> Leave -> Logout/Shutdown/Reboot. I
am able to lock the session just fine.

When I click the logout button on the menu, sometimes the
logout/lock/reboot dialog will appear, but most times it won't. When it
doesn't, even clicking on shutdown in the menu does nothing.

Also, and I'm not sure it is related, *something* is deleting my user's
.bash_history...

Any ideas? Are the two even related? I have two pcbsd on the edge
repository running kde-4.14.2 as well, and never see this problem.
Admittedly, these are desktop boxes and not a laptop.

Thanks,
--b