Hi Sandro,

Am Mittwoch 13 Mai 2015, 16:58:48 schrieb Sandro Knauß:
> Hi,
>
> > > (No kidding: the Kolab people do package their own
> > > enterprise
> > > version of KDE, and they *do* ship KDEPIM 3.5.10 with
> > > it...).
>
> well as one of the kdepim/kolab devs i can say: you are wrong!
>
> There is a enterprise version of kontact (4.13.0.X) [0]. As you
> can see from the version number this is based on 4.13.0. Well
> actually the feauteres+bugfixes will go directly into the
> upcomming kf5 version. But for sure we don't ship kdepim 3.X
> anymore.

Hum, since I was out for deb packages for Jessie, some digging
turned up [1], which I parsed as "Enterprise 3.5.10 (a.k.a E35),
recently built for Jessie". I guess this then means "is
available", as opposed to "gets shipped as enterprise version",
right? At least, my searches did not turn up any deb packages for
4.14.7, other than that rogue PPA I found.

> There are also packages built:
> https://obs.kolabsys.com/project/show/Kontact:4.13:Development

Okay, there's the sources and the DSC files etc... I guess my
search was too specific. And to be honest, really, I had no idea
searching for 4.13. :)

> but because we release 4.13.0.X version, you have to make a
> downgrade, what is a little bit tricky.

I guess so. :-) Searching for success stories, most of the
related postings mention KDE 4.14 and Akonadi 1.13 (which is also
true for the OP's initial writings in [2]). So I think I would
not have gone for Akonadi 1.12.42.1, which is what I can find on
OBS (following your link), if you had not mentioned it.

Considering the numerous bits & bytes I've gathered about the
issue, I think I need to meditate and see how to proceed from
here.

> regards,
> sandro

Kind regards,

        Christian

> [0] https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/KP/kdepim.git branch
> kolab/integration/4.13.0 and you need also others packages:
> kdepimlibs, kdepim-runtime, akonadi.

[1]
https://ftp.kolab.org/apt/releases/dists/jessie/experimental/binary-amd64/kdepim/

[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2015/03/msg00009.html

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-11
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48