On Sunday 14 June 2015 11:43:37 Alex DEKKER wrote:
> On 14/06/15 03:53, Nick Boyce wrote:
> > On Saturday 13 Jun 2015 21:32:36 Alex DEKKER wrote:
> >> Inkscape? AIUI, KDE icons are SVG [and have been for some time] so a
> >> vector editor would be the order of the day.
> >
> > Wow ... thanks, I had no idea.  That change has completely passed me by.
>
> Allow me to row back somewhat:
>
> $ locate kde4/apps | grep icons | grep svg | wc -l
> 134
> $ locate kde4/apps | grep icons | grep png | wc -l
> 1090
>
> Looking through /usr/share/kde4/apps/*/icons it seems that, er, perhaps
> PNG is the dominant icon format after all. Obviously the number of PNG
> files on disk is more than SVG because there are renderings for each size:

Actually no, those are built from SVGs. The idea here is to speed up the
drawing process (If I am guessing properly).

--
My favourite poem is the one that starts 'Thirty days hath September' because
it actually tells you something.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/