Am 02.09.2015 um 19:50 schrieb Gary Dale:
> I know I've been using Debian for a long time. That's why I'm amazed that
> something this bad is being put into testing. When KDE4 came along, it at
> least was fairly stable and usable (if incomplete) before it was moved to
> testing. If I wanted bleeding edge software that didn't necessarily work, I
> would be running sid or pulling stuff from experimental.
>
> As your quote says "Those criteria should ensure a good quality for packages
> within testing." Putting out a broken desktop can in no way be considered
> "good quality". I run testing because I want to test software, not to get mad
> at the developers who volunteer their time to get the packages ready for
> prime time. In this case the process seems to have misfired by bringing us
> the Plasma desktop when it is nowhere near ready.
>
> This is the third time in the last few weeks that I've been forced to use
> Gnome because KDE couldn't do even basic desktop stuff. I suggest that
> testing should revert to KDE4, if that is possible, and wait until KDE5
> achieves some level of stability before inflicting it on us again. Let the
> brave souls who run sid do what they, not I, signed up for.

I 100% support that statement. On the debian wiki
(https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting) it says:

        Packages from Debian Unstable enter the next-stable testing
distribution automatically, when a list of requirements is fulfilled:
        [...] The package does not introduce new release critical bugs.

and further
        [...] so expect that new stable versions of the programs you use will
be installed as soon as they are ready for next-stable testing

That said, by no means I would expect a completely broken KDE Desktop in
testing.

Matthias