On Wednesday 01 June 2016 14:52:44 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In case you want to avoid an after about 10 minutes crashing plasma session
> due to ksmserver not finding a symbol in a window manager related library, I
> recommend you to wait till you can get plasma-workspace, kscreen, kwin
> related packages from unstable. Otherwise you need to install some kscreen
> + kwin packages from experimental temporarily to get back a working
> session.
>
> You can also wait for plasma-desktop as well, Maxy just uploaded it.
>
> Akonadi 16.04 seems to work fine, but is not yet fully completely at 16.04,
> and KDEPIM packages are still to come for 16.04.
>
> Thanks,
With a large transition like this it would REALY helpful to people who
follow sid (which I guess is many of the people on this list) if there was
an email saying that such an upgrade had started (there was one
where someone noted it had started this time) and then one saying
when it had finished.  Especially when the list of packages making up
KDE has changed it is really had to know when everything is in place
and therefore we can restart regular dist-upgrades.

David