On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 08:40:02 UTC+1, Martin Steigerwald  wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am just forwarding it for all users that are using KMail / KDEPIM.
>
> I think you Akonadi shouldn´t require you to be a database admin,  but maybe
> my simple tips may be of some help to you. Usually MySQL will run even
> without
> being upgraded… however there are chances it will run *better* if you keep it
> up to date. And it will create less noise in the log.
>
> Thank you,
> Martin

This fails for me as I cannot connect to mysql as user or unix root. I'm don't
know which users are enabled for the akonadi embedded mysql as opposed to the
system one (not in fact installed on this machine)

mysql_upgrade --socket ~/.local/share/akonadi/socket-hostname/mysql.socket
Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
Error: Failed while fetching Server version! Could be due to unauthorized
access.
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

Any suggestions?