Hi Nicholas,

Le 4 août 2024 01:12:19 GMT+02:00, Nicholas D Steeves <s...@debian.org> a écrit
:
>Hi Aurélien,
>

>What I understood was that whoever updated the source package believed
>that our new bin:plasma-integration logically provided
>plasma5-integration (whether or not it had formal Provides).  I found
>this reasonable and didn't question it.

Yes but no. The new binary is plasma5-integration. It was just an oversight.

>Of course :)  So in this case I wonder if it would save time to somehow
>search for all versioned-2-unversioned bin:packages, and then add
>Recommends for the old Qt5/KF5/Plasma5 variant,

See above we're not in that case here. I'm not convinced we would save time
with such a thing but if you want to explore that and share feedback, feel free.

> run autopkgtests

That would be very useful if it did anything. But it requires someone
(upstream, us) to write some tests that can run under autopkgtest.

autopkgtest [1] runs against the installed system, not from the build tree so
you need something that tests the result of apt install $package, not of
cmake+make.

KDE didn't have that, that I now, but they started building some end user tests
using Selenium ~recently.

If $someone wants to look at KDE packages with selenium tests and can make them
run as autokpgtests, I'd be very interested in merging such changes !

[1] https://manpages.debian.org/bookworm/autopkgtest/autopkgtest.1.en.html

Happy hacking,
--
Aurélien