On Thu, Aug 29, 2024 at 12:21:17AM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Huh? In most of the Debian mailing lists I participate in no one does
> that.

For what its worth, there’s some guidance at
https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/index.en.html
and it reads:

> When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a carbon copy
> (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request to be copied.

It gets difficult in case of users first time posting to a Debian
mailing list: did they read the Code of conduct, are they subscribed?
Some MLs allow to browse the list of members, but I don’t think
lists.debian.org allows that.