Hi,

Francis Reyes writes:

> Package: kernel-image-2.6.8-powerpc
> Version: 2.6.8-4
> Severity: normal
>
> I just installed kernel-image-2.6.8-powerpc as well as added the
> initrd.img to my yaboot, but upon booting no devices such as
> ethernet/usb are installed?

The drivers for those devices are all built as modules in the 2.6
packages.  You need to make sure they are loaded - either by loading
them manually with modprobe, naming them explicitly in /etc/modules so
they are always loaded at boot, or installing an agent such as hotplug
or discover that will detect most of the hardware for you.

The last method is the recommended one, and installing both packages
doesn't hurt either.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!