Hi,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005, Joey Hess wrote:
> Many people have reported problems with initrd-tools and megaraid2. Most
> of those bugs have already been reassigned to the initrd-tools package
> (#278887, #284230, #282793, #287019). Sadly, it looks like nobody over
> there is working on them, and my initrd-tools expertise is limited to
> fixing bugs that I can reproduce.
>
> I wish someone who can reproduce it could invesitgate what exactly the
> problem is with initrd-tools's megaraid2 support and come up with a
> proper patch instead of the hack of modifying /etc/mkinitrd/modules.
> This should be a 30 minute job for someone who can write shell code and
> has a megaraid device.

 I tried investigating the problem 2 days ago: I commented megaraid2 in
 my /etc/mkinitrd/modules, and created an initrd:
    mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd.img-2.4.27-2-686-smp \
        /lib/modules/2.4.27-2-686-smp

 To my surprize, when I loop mounted the initrd to look at it, it had
 both megaraid modules:
    /lib/modules/2.4.27-2-686-smp/kernel/drivers/scsi/megaraid.o
    /lib/modules/2.4.27-2-686-smp/kernel/drivers/scsi/megaraid2.o
 and "/loadmodules" had a modprobe -k  megaraid2.

 I can't tell what fixed the problem, but I can provide aptitude logs of
 installed packages since my report in private mail.

 If someone else finds out the problem isn't fixed, I can give you SSH
 access, send me your GPG signed SSH key and access dates.

 I can not reproduce the problem with mkinitd anymore, and can't play
 with d-i on this live system anymore, I'm tempted to close megaraid2
 bugs.

   Regards,
--
Loïc Minier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"Neutral President: I have no strong feelings one way or the other."